Quinoa sushi recipe
What are the benefits of quinoa?
Undoubtedly, its nutritional intake. Quinoa contains iron, fibers and many minerals (phosphorus, copper, magnesium ...). This is an excellent alternative, even for the development of sushi like makis: Quinoa brings fewer calories, and more proteins than rice.
For three rolls of 8 makis:
- 3 sheets of Nori seaweed
- 170 g Quinoa Powder
- 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 half avocado in strips
- 1 cooked salmon fillet
1) Cook the quinoa in boiling water for 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes maximum. Mix 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
2) Place a sheet of Nori seaweed on a bamboo mat, spread one third of the quinoa, a little wasabi, and place one-third of the avocado and salmon in the width direction (about 1 cm) .
3) Roll the sushi so that the stuffing is placed in the center of the leaf, then seal the roll with the bamboo mat.
4) Prepare the garnish. For example, mix:
- 1 half green pepper in pieces
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 cucumber, cut into sticks
- 3 tablespoons of thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds